NAVCA Quality Award
RVA Receives National Quality Award
We are pleased to inform our members that in November 2011 Rother Voluntary Action was awarded the NAVCA (National Association of Voluntary Community Action) Quality Award. The NAVCA Quality Award goes to local voluntary sector support and development organisations which meet NAVCA’s performance standards.
The five standards are outcomes focused and address the difference local support and development organisations make through the delivery of their services:
- Standard 1: Supporting the identification of needs in local communities and facilitating provision to meet those needs.
- Standard 2: Assisting local voluntary organisations and community groups to function more effectively and deliver quality services.
- Standard 3: Facilitating effective communication, networking and collaboration amongst local voluntary organisations and community groups.
- Standard 4: Enabling the diverse views of the local sector to be represented and in supporting structures which promote effective partnership working.
- Standard 5: Ensuring the voluntary and community sector’s role as an integral part of local planning and policy making.
The Quality Award is given following a rigorous independent audit process which is subject to moderation. Of the 290 local support and development organisations in membership of NAVCA, to date less then a third have gained the Quality Award and have successfully renewed their Award.
The fact that RVA has gained the Quality Award means that voluntary organisations and community groups in Rother have good quality support and development services available to them. It also means that RVA has been identified as being a local support and development organisation able to work in partnership with groups and to represent the local voluntary and community sector effectively.