Elusive Volunteers and Endangered Trustees?
We know what it’s like! So, we’re delighted to announce that, thanks to The National Lottery’s Community Fund, RVA are establishing a Volunteer Hub for Rother.
Building on the incredible, established volunteering in Rother, we’d like to become a hub for celebrating, brokering, encouraging and matching volunteers and trustees with fantastic opportunities. We’ll be tackling this from all angles to make volunteering an accessible, attractive and rewarding opportunity for more people in Rother.
- We’ll be celebrating volunteering through our Volunteer Awards events and by positively representing the Voluntary Sector at events, networks and across sectors.
- We’ll be brokering opportunities that are tailored for volunteers and trustees with personal introductions and ongoing relationships and large public events.
- We’ll be building confidence in volunteers and trustees by equipping them with essential skills and qualities to perform their roles well.
- We’ll be encouraging diversity of volunteers and trustees by reaching out to and supporting under-represented communities and by promoting new models of volunteering.
- We’ll be supporting sustainability through the delivery of funding workshops that enable voluntary organisations to thrive into the long term.
Please speak to Annette or Jen at Volunteering@rva.uk.com if you are interested in getting involved, becoming a Trustee or Volunteer in Rother, or are looking for Trustees or Volunteers for your group