East Sussex Winter Warmth Campaign 2014
Photo Courtesy : http://bit.ly/1yXpmC2 Snugg Le Pup
Help to keep warm and well
Our free winter home check includes:
- an assessment of your home to identify how to keep warm
- small works such as improving insulation or repairing boilers
- emergency temporary heating
- advice on getting help to pay for heating.
Phone us to arrange a visit.
Who can apply
For this free service you need to:
1) Own your own property or rent it privately (in East Sussex) and have the owner’s permission to do the work.
2) be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (and your income is £15,860 or less)
- Working Tax Credit (and your income is £15,860 or less) – plus one of the extra conditions below
- Income Support – plus one of the extra conditions below
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance – plus one of the extra conditions below
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance –plus the support or work related element, or one of the extra conditions below.
For certain benefits, one of the following must also apply:
- you’re responsible for a child under 16 (or under 20 if they’re in education or training)
- you get Disabled Child Premium
- you get Disability Premium
- you get Pensioner Premium
- you’re 60 or over (only if you get Working Tax Credit).
Other ways to get help
- East Sussex Benefit Helpline
- Discretionary East Sussex Support Scheme
- Cold Alert
- Heating and housing benefits – GOV.UK
- Keeping warm and well – NHS Choices
- Take action – Energy Saving Trust
- Home heat helpline
- Get ready for winter – Met Office