Changes to Charity Commission annual return for 2015
The annual return 2015 is now available to complete on GOV.UK. This follows the consultation last year on proposals for the information we should collect through the annual return. The new annual return contains three new questions:
- in the reporting period, how much income did you receive from:
- contracts from central or local government to deliver services?
- grants from central or local government?
- does your charity have a policy on paying its staff?
- has your charity reviewed its financial controls during the reporting period?
We encourage charities, their trustees and advisers to read the online guidance provided before logging on to complete the annual return so that they know what information they need to submit. The annual return must be completed by all registered charities with an income over £10,000 within 10 months of their financial year end. All CIOs, regardless of income, must submit an annual return.