What is Making it Happen about?
Making it Happen is about discovering, celebrating and building on the positive things in our local neighbourhoods. We are here to support communities to come together, make the most of the opportunities and create positive change.
Making it Happen! Rother
Have a great idea and need help making it happen? Let’s make it happen together in Rother District!
For the first phase of this project, community development workers will be building working to make connections and support community action in the following areas:
- Bexhill Central/Sackville
- Eastern Rother
We want to find out what inspires you and what you feel passionate about. How can we collectively build on these positives to build stronger connections and healthier, happier communities?
Tell us your story:
What is the best thing that has happened to you in your community?
What about your community makes a positive difference to you?
What makes you feel: good, hopeful, connected, belong?
The ABC’s of Making it Happen:
Acting on what matters
Believing in better
We use an Asset Based approach to working with communities:
‘Asset-based community development begins with the gifts of people and their capacity to organize to create the world they want to see’ (ABCD Institute).”
What are we doing?
We believe that everyone has skills and talents to offer their community. When these skills and talents are shared, the community thrives and becomes stronger.
Local people are coming together to:
- Share stories & celebrate successes
- Work together to improve their local environment
- Take positive action to create healthier communities
We can help by:
- Supporting people to tell their stories
- Connecting groups, spaces and opportunities that already exist
- Working with people to find strengths, build confidence & add more to their community
- Awarding small grants to kick start an idea
Let’s continue to Make it Happen!