Victim Support are looking for volunteers
From donating and fundraising to volunteering, there are lots of ways you can get involved to support our charity. Many people face the effects of crime alone and confused.
The support of our volunteers helps individuals and their families to feel stronger, understood and able to move forward with their lives.
We are currently recruiting across East Sussex for Service Delivery Volunteers who directly support people who have been victims of crime. You will be clearly explaining the role of Victim Support and empowering victims to overcome the emotional, psychological and practical effects of crime and identifying ways to enable them to recover from the experience.
We also have roles available in fundraising and as Volunteer Ambassadors, engaging with local communities to promote greater understanding and partnership with Victim Support.
We encourage Service Delivery volunteers working with victims to be available every week whenever possible, for a minimum of one year after the completion of training. We ask for a minimum of 4 hours a week and working times are flexible according to local need. Appointments may be made up to 7.30pm Monday to Friday or at weekends although client requirement for volunteer support is higher during weekday office hours.
All volunteers will have be required to take part in relevant modules of the core Victim Support training so that they have a strong understanding of the work and values of the organisation they promote. This is a four day face-to-face course that is mandatory.
All volunteers will receive the Victim Support data protection, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training through an e-learning package.
· A caring, mature and supportive empathy towards others.
· A non-judgmental, impartial and confidential approach to supporting others.
· A commitment to ensuring victims all have equal access to our services.
· Respect for the diversity of our colleagues and clients.
· Willing to work within our values, procedures and policies.
· Good listening skills and good verbal communication skills.
· Basic IT skills suitable for accessing our webpages, internet and emails.
· Friendly, reliable, approachable and a confident team player.
For further details and to apply please visit our website www.victimsupport.org.uk/get-involved. For an informal chat about volunteering with us please call Sarah on 01273 456153. firstname.lastname@example.org