NAS Bexhill and Hastings new committee member for Family Activities
NAS Bexhill & Hastings are looking for a volunteer to join the committee member to help organise & attend our ‘Family Activities’.
Are you passionate about creating opportunities for children with autism?
Families living locally with autism have called our exclusive hire activities in the school holidays a life-line! Families often cannot access public places due to sensory overload in crowds, lack of danger awareness & inappropriate Behaviour. Judgmental comments from the public can make families feel isolated & alone. We hope that in offering our Family Activities we can provide a place for people on the autistic spectrum to be themselves & for parents & carers to meet others in a similar situation.
What does the role involve?
· Attending committee meetings (six a year)
· Booking activities suitable for the more able children attending our NAS Branch,
such as Battlezone, Forest School & the Cinema (10 activities a year)
· Completing a risk assessment if we don’t already have one
· Looking at the booking system to see who is booked in for the activity & then sending them a reminder
· Attend the activities, being the main point of contact
· Give feedback to the committee
How much time is involved?
Between 1 & 2 hours a week.
· Must be reliable & organised
· Work well in a team
· Have access to a computer
· Be a car owner
This role could be shared between two people. Anyone can apply for this role, you don’t need to be a parent/carer.
If you would like to apply for our ‘Family Activities’ vacancy, please fill in the attached application form & send it to Bexhill@nas.org.uk