Bright Green Future open now for applications for September 2019 start
We’re looking for young people aged 14-17, with an interest in the environment and climate change, to take part in a year-long programme starting in September 2019.
Joining Bright Green Future will help young people to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to embark on a career path which could influence decisions on energy and climate change, and really make a difference to our planet! For an idea of what previous cohorts have been up to and for more information about the programme see this page on our website.
As part of the programme, participants will carry out activities including:
- Local projects – running simple low carbon projects in their local community such as a school eco-day or green week, draught-proofing workshop, energy auditing, renewable energy assessments, litter picking, film nights, lightbulb swaps and more
- Residential course – a four-day summer school to meet other participants and take part in workshops, talks and hands-on activities
- Training & learning – both face-to-face and online training sessions exploring energy, sustainability, and how to influence decision-making
- Work placement – a ‘policy and influence’ work placement or work shadowing opportunity at a professional organisation which influences local or national policy such as a local authority, a governmental agency, or an environmental and landscape planning body (including our partner organisation, the Town and Country Planning Association)
- Mentoring – help and support throughout the programme from a member of staff at the Centre for Sustainable Energy
Bright Green Future is being run by the Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE), an established and respected energy charity with a huge range of experience in delivering projects that involve helping households to lower their energy use, addressing fuel poverty, supporting community energy, influencing energy policy, research projects, and much more. CSE staff will be on hand to support and mentor participants throughout the duration of the programme.
This exciting opportunity is open for registration now until 17th June (though early bird applications are welcome). The application form is available on our website.